Thursday 31 October 2019

Are You Prepared for Your Next Trip?


Now that fall is finally here (I swear summer seems to last longer and longer each passing year), I’ve seen quite an uptick in my mood and productivity. I don’t know if it’s the weather cooling off, meaning I’m not nearly as sweaty or hot as summer. But I do know that I’ve been happier and a lot more chill than usual. I think another reason is because I’m genuinely excited to be outside in nature enjoying wildlife and the woods instead of feeling like it’s always a sauna and I need to stay in shade.


Because of that, I’ve been camping a lot more lately. Perhaps it’s the hiking I truly enjoy the most, since the physical exertion isn’t nearly as exhausting as it would be in summer. Nonetheless, those hiking and camping trips have needed a bit of planning and packing, and one thing I swear by during my trips is taking a few extra shipping supplies. Whether it’s things like cardboard or just basic items, I’ve always found use out of these supplies when I’m in the great outdoors. Read on to check out some other materials that are quite useful when camping.

Sharpies
Honestly, packing tape is so versatile for a slew of things. I think everyone should have their camping gear labeled with their name and phone number on it in the off chance that something happens, and so using sharpies on your gear helps to prevent your stuff from being misplaced, stolen, or even lost in general. And if your friends have similar looking gear, it helps to prevent them from accidentally taking yours.

Packing tape
This is likely another example of common shipping supplies among many people who camp, but I often find my trash bags getting minor tears in them while I’m out on a trip. This oftentimes occurs because of raccoons. So, having some tape to patch them up and keep them useable for the weekend can be quite useful. And if you’ve got any extra food leftover from cooking dinner and want it bagged up but don’t have rubber bands or clips, tape comes in handy in a pinch.

All these trips require is a little bit of planning, packing, and forethought. Make sure you’re covered in a variety of scenarios so that you have exactly what’s needed in the off chance that something goes awry while you’re out in the elements and subject to nature. The more you’re prepared, the more use you’ll get out of a wide variety of materials and gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment